Recent_Comments

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Vegan MoFo 2017 Day 3: Your First Look at the Beach

I'd say grab a drink (if that's your thing, I stick with kombucha) and some tissues, but that would imply things won't get better. In fact it's quite the opposite, we've already done a huge amount of debris removal to allow the beach and dune restoration to commence as you will see. I'm working with a really old iPhone so I couldn't flip the view back and forth from me to the Beach and back; instead I offer up 3 short videos for you. This is the first video that I'm offering you of our property, remember I said we are doing this in steps, that's for a reason as there's a lot to digest. Here's the videos in 3 parts:

Part 1 (the intro)



Part 2 (the nitty gritty)



Part 3 (the wrap up)







We will see you lovelies tomorrow! Sending vegany love now and always. ❤️

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm sorry about the woods.It's good that the mangrove has survived, and I continue to be impressed by your vegan aid package!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sad too, they will not return as they were in my lifetime. I even saw blue buntings once in there. It's county owned preserved open space not sure how they manage habitat restoration on such areas. The mangrove is tough she even got whacked by a small tornado about 10 years ago, she will bounce back in time, we love her I think she's one of the most sketched and photographed trees in the Keys, all our guests love her. ❤️

      Delete
  2. I am blown away the woods are gone. One can hear thy are gone but to see it and process what was and now is....gobsmacked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The landscape is so different everywhere, seeing the Beach so scrubbed is also so weird. On the plus side we went to a meeting tonight and on the way couldn't help but notice the abundance of new leaves on remaining shrubs and such along the highway. Nature has her system for sure ❤️

      Delete