Recent_Comments

Monday, September 18, 2017

Making Lemonade

By now the super majority of anyone reading this is aware we've had some changes lately. I think it was September 10th that hurricane Irma hit, but days and nights blur. The Lowers Keys took a big hit. We have a lot to cope with. Despite all the hardships we are optimistic although we have a long road as does our Keys community.  A huge outpouring of love, concern, relief, people and so many other resources is flooding into the Keys. Plus, we've  already been sucked into the vortex of bureaucracy, that part is maddening.  Despite all this I want some normalcy ... we all are seeking the smallest victories of any semblance of our prior life. This is why I've decided to blog another year for Vegan MoFo. Intentions are to put a post up everyday about hurricane recovery (and life in general) as a vegan.  I only have a teeny mobile device to work with but I know I can get pictures up, time will tell on videos.  Mostly this is for my own mental health at this time, however I am acutely aware there is a story to be told. I'm willing to share some of it here.  This is the ultimate making of lemonade out of a shit storm of lemons (use that organic sugar in your lemonade, no bone char please 😬) So that's food related and hits the mark for the Month of Food, whee! I hope you'll tune in, daily posts will begin on October 1st. 


Thanks for your support. ❤️


10 comments:

  1. So glad to see your post. I've been checking every day since Irma. Don't know if I've ever commented before but I read every post. Thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never posted either but we spent one of the best weeks ever at your place and have been checking the webcam regularly to see if you have any power and how things are. Can you provide an update on how the B&B made out when you can? Looking forward to your posting in October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much. Although we sustained a lot of damage, we are restoring. It's my intent to show areas as possible through the month and beyond. We are going to reopen as soon as humanly possible. ❤️

      Delete
  3. I'm so pleased you'll be participating! I hope you guys are getting plenty of support, even if the bureaucracy is a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you for your support, I look forward to your posts! 😬🌈❤️

      Delete
  4. I am thrilled to hear that you two are safe! I will keep up with your blogs. Please let us know what you need. I'm only two hours away...you are welcome to come stay! - Jill Martin from Fodor's Travel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill! Thank you and thank you for your generous offer! We are plugging along on the restore and I predict you'll be making the round trip through the Keys on a pretty regular basis as all of us down here come back, including Deer Run. Hope you are faring ok up there as well. ❤️

      Delete
  5. I had two wonderful visits at your bed and breakfast four years ago and was thinking of visiting again next year. Since Irma, I've been checking the blog to see how your are. Thanks for posting. My prayers and thoughts are with you. Melodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much. Such a resilient community here, we can take a hard punch with the best of them and get right back up. ❤️

      Delete